Gynaecological And Obstetric Injuries
It is an unfortunate reality, that most women will have to undergo some sort of gynaecological procedure at some point in life. Given the sensitive nature of such procedures, it takes huge courage to stand up and ask why have you suffered this injury? Often people take years to realise, that the ongoing complaint is simply not normal.
What are Gynaecological And Obstetric Injuries?
Injuries due to gynaecological & obstetric injuries tend to be confidence shattering and life-changing:
- unplanned pregnancy,
- damage to internal organs,
- vesico-vaginal fistulas
Proving an Gynaecological And Obstetric Injuries Case of Medical Negligence
All procedures and surgeries come with risks although certain injuries may have been avoidable if adequate care was taken during the procedure or postoperatively. Examples of medical negligence causing gynaecological and obstetric injuries include:
- mismanagement during pregnancy including ectopic pregnancies
- hysterectomy complications
- failure to repair a perineal tear adequately
- delay or failure to treat endometriosis
- urinary or bowel damage during surgery
- anaesthetic complications
- failure to identify and treat haemorrhage
- failure to diagnose and treat cancer
- Genital prolapse
- Failed sterilisation
We have successfully dealt with a number of gynaecological injury cases and fully understand how upsetting it can be when treatment of this nature goes wrong. Your case will be dealt with by a dedicated specialist who will look after your case alone and expertly guide you through the process.
If you want to discuss this further, please contact Melanie Power direct on 061 513 055 or email our medical negligence solicitors on [email protected].